Re: [opensuse-edu] Too many packages in the patterns?
  • From: Lars Vogdt <lrupp@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 12:08:21 +0200
On Freitag 08 August 2008 00:06:44 James Tremblay wrote:
Now we need to create a real product.

I thought we have it for 10.2 and 10.3 already? ;-)

well we have a really great repository and it's portable too, but the
Extis server is a real product ;)

Well, you can pay the openSUSE-Education Team for releasing the add on
if you like... :-)

how about a web page that asks what language you want , then another
in that language?

should be possible. Please provide a template.

Hm. If we create an insallable media (which means: remaster the
original openSUSE DVD), we can add autoyast profiles in the first
boot step, so a user will get
Boot from Harddisc
Manual Installation
Install Kids desktop
Install Youth desktop
Install Edu Desktop
Install Server

The help [F1] would give a better description.

WOW, I though that would be way to much work and not show the power
of "ADD-ON" technology.

You're right: thats a bit away from the "Add-on" technology - but
already possible. :-)

but ok!
and the server could be the EXTIS server plus my three favorite apps!
openSIS, Moodle, openbiblio YA? :)

If you can persuade Peter Grill from the EXTIS Team to release the
OSS-Apps under GPL....

OK, I would do the TUX series and gcompris for the lower "kids" more
according to what the teachers like. color shape word and hand to
eye stuff are very important at that age group.

done in the patterns:
Suggested (not installed per default, but shown):
anagramarama
childsplay
childsplay_plugins
childsplay_plugins_lfc
enigma
littlewizard
MultiplicationStation
plutimikation
pysycache
pysycache-cartoon
pysycache-photographies
pysycache-themes-click
pysycache-themes-move
python-visual

Recommended (normally installed but can be deselected):
gcompris
tuxmath
tuxpaint
tuxtype