[opensuse-edu] security issues regarding italc client startup
  • From: "Ben Cooksley" <sourtooth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:41:54 +1200
Hi,

I recently noticed that the italc client is being started as the user
that logged in, and this allowed them to kill the italc client and
escape my control. i traced the problem and found that you have
switched to using /etc/sysconfig/ica instead of patching the
/etc/X11/xdm/Xsetup script. I also noticed that it no longer runs at
the logon screen. both features ( running at the logon screen,
inability to kill italc for users ) are very important to me,
especially the users inability to kill the italc client. Is there any
hope that this situation will change in the future, or are there
workarounds to stop users from killing the italc client?

Ben