Re: [opensuse-edu] openSUSE 11 and RPMLINT CHECKS
  • From: Lars Vogdt <lrupp@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 23:31:21 +0200
Hi Andrea

Sorry for being so unresponsive in IRC.

On Mo 23 Jun 2008 23:19:55 CEST Andrea Florio <andrea@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Due to RPMLINT checks on Build Service, to make gtkextra2 package able
to build i had to fix spec file and rename package

i add of course "obsoletes" and "provides" flag on spec file but if
exist packages that use it like dependecie they should be fixed. in
particular:

gtkextra2 renamed like libgtkextra-x11-2_0-1

gtkextra2-devel and gtkextra2-docs have same name so should be not
needed to check build requires too.

Thanks for taking care of this!
Having a look at the current OBS projects, we are now at:
0 failures for Education:server
15 failures for Education:desktop

Failed packages:
gchempaint
gelemental
libgchemical
littlewizard
netbeans
python-scipy
python-visual
scilab
tipp10
tkgate
xdrawchem
and all packages depending on fpc

I think we should focus on netbeans, scilab and littlewizard and see how far we can get with the rest.

FYI: The 11.0 Testrepo is currently the "highest downloaded" Education repository - even if it's currently just in an Alpha state!

Since 11.0 release, we've transfered ~672 GB from www.opensuse-education.org !
And this is without the 10.3 ISO images - they are handled via redirector...

So hopefully we all find time to fix the last bugs/failed packages in the next days and celebrate the 11.0 release of openSUSE-Education 1.0!

With kind regards,
Lars

BTW: What about an "official" IRC Meeting? The last one has been skipped imo.
=> http://en.opensuse.org/Education/Meetings
Any suggestions?