Re: [opensuse-edu] Releasing 1.0 for 10.3 or not?
  • From: CyberOrg <cyberorg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 11:22:58 +0530
On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 12:53 AM, Lars Vogdt <lrupp@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all

Good things come to those who wait: I think we've waited long enough to
release the first openSUSE-Education release for openSUSE 10.3. The
11.0 release should follow in a shorter timeframe.

Let us wait no more :)

I also like to give a big "Thank YOU" to all the other fighters:
- Andrea (anubisg1) for packaging and translation into italian
- Andreas (a_ochs) for packaging and translation into german
- Kirill (kkirill) for his hard testing and packaging (and improving the
russian language support on openSUSE ;-)
- ...and all the other "guest" entries in our bugzilla, IRC comments,
Emails, packaging help, ...

I'll buy you all a Cappuccino if we meet some day

...and now I hope nobody has objections against releasing 10.3 now -
bevore 11.0 comes out ... - or has any?

FYI: I've already done a 11.0 testbuild which looks very good. Currently
there are just 15 packages in our Testrepo in the Buildservice which
needs to be fixed (and the leftover bugzilla entries). So I hope our
hard work in the past is paying off now as we can use all the current
stuff to release the 11.0 Edu-Part in a few weeks and work on the other
things on our roadmap afterwards.

I suggest we release alpha0 for 11.0 immediately.

Cheers

-J