Re: [opensuse-edu] RC2 for openSUSE 10.3 - ready for your testing
  • From: Andrea Florio <andrea@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 10:13:20 +0200
That's a good news.. repository yet added on my list

Lars Vogdt ha scritto:
Hi

With RC2 we'll start the last testing phase before we release the final
version of openSUSE-Education 1.0 for openSUSE 10.3. At this point,
we'll just fix the current packages and work on the documentation.

In opposition to the normal release workflow, we updated many packages
and even added new ones to the media. Below is an incomplete list of
changes with this release:

* all KDE4 packages are updated to 4.0.3
* For the first time, we've LTSP 5 packages (and a pattern)! Many
thanks to cyberorg and kiw: now you can easily install a n openSUSE
terminalserver!
* NetBeans 6.0.1 was added
* Gambas2 and Tipp10 as well
* With Phun we now have a funny 2D physics sandbox
* and with k3dsurf a program to visualize and manipulate
Mathematical models in three, four, five and six dimensions.
* iTALC was updated to 1.0.7 and adapted to integrate better in
openSUSE
* with wine-doors it should be much easier to install Windows
Software on openSUSE
* tuxpaint (incl. tuxpaint-config and tuxpaint-stamps) made an
update leap
* Additional packages with new versions:
o clis
o chemtool
o childsplay-languagepacks
o dansguardian
o fbreader
o galculator
o gcalctool
o gcompris
o geogebra
o kding
o kseg
o pauker
o MultiplicationStation
o moodle
o semantik

A detailed changelog can be found here[0].

As a result of the size, we decided to ship three ISO images instead of