Re: [opensuse-edu] problems running exelearning
  • From: Jose Cifuentes <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 00:10:13 -0300
Jose Cifuentes escribió:
Hello people

My name is Jose I'm from Chile, I'm very happy for this project.I'm a
math teacher in high school. well...
My question.
I installed exe in opensuse 10.3 trought edu-repositories, the
installation was ok, but when I try to run the software, the console
show the following message

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/exe", line 31, in <module>
from exe.application import Application
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/exe/application.py", line 37,
in <module>
from exe.webui.webserver import WebServer
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/exe/webui/webserver.py", line
45, in <module>
from exe.webui.packageredirectpage import PackageRedirectPage
File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/exe/webui/packageredirectpage.py",
line 26, in <module>
from exe.webui.renderable import RenderableResource
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/exe/webui/renderable.py", line
33, in <module>
from nevow import loaders
File "/usr/share/exe/nevow/loaders.py", line 30, in <module>
from nevow.flat import flatsax
File "/usr/share/exe/nevow/flat/flatsax.py", line 4, in <module>
from xml.sax import make_parser, handler
ImportError: No module named xml.sax

Do you have a similar problem?
is possible fix the package?
is a problem only for me?

I installed exe in opensuse 10.2 using fedora 7 package, the tutorial
for this installaton can you see here http://www.pituxworld.net/?cat=8
(this is my blog)

I hope that you can help me, I'm very interesting in this project....
opensuse is a good distro and the education project is wonderful.

Congratulations
Regards
José Cifuentes (Pitux)

Hi people... I'm again.. the exelearning community help me with this
problem... exe need the python-xml package for run... python-xml package
must be a dependence... once that you install this package exe run
without problems.
Can you add the python-xml package like exe dependence?
Regards
Pitux