RE: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Network migration starting with squid.. help
  • From: Thomas Adam <thomas_adam16@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 18:47:59 +0000 (UTC)
--- Alan Loughlin <loughlina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is dansguardian any good?

"Good" in what terms? Good for the dog? The cat? You'll have to
specify what you mean by "good". It's good in that DG does work.
Coupled with squid, and squidguard, you can do some very powerful
things with it, if you have the expertese to do so.

CensorNet has attempted to make life easier, by providing a set of
useful tools to do just this, and if you are thinking of using DG in an
educational environment, longterm, this is where you should be looking
to start off with. Everything you've asked for so far, would suggest
to me that you're after CensorNet [1].

-- Thomas Adam

[1] No, I am not affiliated with them, nor have I ever worked for
them. :)

"TAG Editor" -- http://linuxgazette.net

experience will probably kill you. :)"