Cache box configuration
  • From: Rob Keeling <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 18:37:24 +0000 (UTC)
We currently use a basic squid install as our on site proxy server, our LEA is suggesting that we should move to one of the proprietary cache boxes, though as always funding is a snag.

I am happy with the way squid is performing, though it would be nice to add the facility to pre-load web sites into the cache.

What I have in mind is a links database on our intranet, which staff can approprate links to. This can then be used to provide a list of sites that can be pre-cached.

Has anyone done this, and if so how?

Thanks

Rob Keeling
Network Manager