Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Working in Teacherland - opportunities please? (long)
  • From: linuxgirlie <linuxgirlie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:35:45 +0000 (UTC)
I use Karoshi (www.karoshi.org.uk), So I would only have to install
basic Mandrake and then Karoshi on top. My record is 25 minutes. So
thats 25*6 = 150minutes.
Then I can either bring back all the users from backup....or worse
case I would have to bulk user create. As this is from a Comma
Seperated File, I would load it up in our bulk user creator and it
would take about 5 minutes (guessimate) per year. All the permissions,
groups etc etc are already setup by Karoshi so no worries there. Print
quenes come back from backup, unless backup is gone, and then
obviously this would have to be done by hand so will take longer.
Work comes back from backup, but not sure of the timing of this. So
basically the servers/users/system will be there in a day but work not
(as I am not sure on the timing of this- a couple of day maybe?!) We
have about 1000-1200 users on the network this is staff and students.

Basically Karoshi sets up the whole system with everything in place,
all I have to do is bring back the users and thier work :)

Our print server went down the other day, it took me 30 minutes to get
it up running and working again, including bringing back all print
quenes etc. and it first print out.

Jo

--
Spread FireFox: http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=user/register&r=32751