Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] linux for school
Along with the websites everyone else has suggested a couple of my own
reccomendations: for a school focussed look at all aspects. <- Superb forums here for whenever you get stuck, or
have general queries <- Again, good forums here, and also download links to
various Distro ISOs.

As far as training, there are a couple of professional qualifications available at the
moment. If you end up down the SuSE route the best bet is Novells Certified Linux
Engineer. There is also a Red Hat version Red Hat Certfied Engineer, but that's a
little too Red Hat oriented apparently. Probably the best bet as far as non-distro
biased is the Linux Professional Institue Certification:

Try and encourage your geeks.. sorry IT people, to salvage an old box and get them
to install Suse or Red Hat on it (easiest two to install). I've learnt a heck of a lot
about Linux in the past couple of months, mainly because I've been interested in it as
an alternative, and my work place also started getting interested in it as a backbone.