Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Squid Starting Problem
  • From: Thomas Adam <thomas_adam16@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 16:02:52 +0000 (UTC)
--- "adrian.wells" <adrian.wells@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ha! Thanks :-) I've just been looking on the web for hints on how to do
> this
> :-)
>
> This was never a problem before, is it to do with the SuSE version
> change?
> 7.2 to 9 ?

No, this is to do with the fact that when you compiled squid, you should
have done:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local --exec-prefix=/usr/local/bin

For some reason. the Makefile for squid, assumes a non-standard default
prefix. Not a problem though, it's sorted :)

HTH,

-- Thomas Adam

=====
"TAG Editor" -- http://linuxgazette.net