Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Squid Starting Problem
"\" "/" I used the right one! :-)

In the /bin folder is a script that will start squid - it works! and is
running now.

The squid exe lives as it should in /sbin

When I compiled I used

./configure --enable-arp-acl --enable-delay-pools
make
make clean
make install

Not sure that I needed the "make" AND the "make clean" but did it anyway...

I'm sure it is a path problem but clciking on the icon in KDE does not work
either.

>From the shell konsole..

set path to /usr/local/squid/sbin
then
squid -k rotate

returns... command not found

If I click /usr/local/squid/sbin/squid from my desktop I get "couldn't find
the program 'squid'"