Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Sftp Client for windows.
  • From: Tony Whitmore <tonywhitmore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 21:50:11 +0000 (UTC)
Rob Keeling wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good simple sftp client for use on windows to allow secure
file transfer to from a Linux web server?
I am looking for something that I can install on our windows machines and Laptops for teachers laptops
that will allow staff hopefully to drag and drop their resources onto our intranet.
What do other schools use?
I really want to avoid ftp as I don`t want to use plain text passwords over the internet if we allow access from beyond our firewall.

I would suggest WinSCP:

http://winscp.sourceforge.net/eng/

Pretty easy to use, and GPL software to boot.

Cheers,

Tony