Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] What do people use for a desktop database?
On 2003-11-05 09:15:18 +0000 John Steventon <John.Steventon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It sounds like there has been a decision to release Rekall under the GPL.

I can't see this on their web site. Do you have a reference for this? I'd advise people to wait for it to happen before spending time and effort on evaluation.

But this only applies to the Linux and Mac X versions. The Windows version
remaining a commercial product.

GPL does not necessarily mean non-commercial. The Windows version could be GPL'd and commercial, as a lot of people will pay for good binary copies.

--
MJR/slef My Opinion Only and possibly not of any group I know.
http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@xxxxxxxxx