Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Ident for Windwows
  • From: Steve Palmer <lumpyhed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:23:23 +0000 (UTC)
Well we have been using the one from
http://identd.sourceforge.net/ But its 95/98 only.

However!
http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/199812/0190.html
These guys are making a service based one for NT that
might be more up your street. links for it are on that
page.

On our selection i do find i am getting a sizable % of
'everybody' in the sarg analysed squid logs even
though i have packaged it out to every station on our
2.4 RM network. It could possibly be due to transient
network conditions or pcs with damaged registry/slow
performance that is timing out the request.

Strangely though, quite a few of these anon signals
are coming from the sixth form block which is l33t
hax0r country if i'm not mistaken! ;) If it is the
case i am not sure how they're booting the exe out of
ram as it isn't listed in 98's task manager.

--- Alan Davies <staff.asd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote: > With a view to authenticating use of our
Linux proxy