RE: [suse-linux-uk-schools] archiving directories
  • From: Steve Palmer <lumpyhed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 15:16:39 +0000 (UTC)
For some it gives me:

tar: Cowardly refusing to create an empty archive

whenever i try it :/
I've tried applying it to other directories on me box
incase it was the unique structure of the wanted
directories, but its still the same. It does say its
an old command if you don't enter the other parameters
though - differening versions of tar to blame here?
i'm running SuSe 8.0 with stock tar on it.

Any other suggestions are very welcome.

--- E Lea <ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > $ tar cf
my_folder > my_folder.tar