Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] MySQL and java connectivity
  • From: Bill Antonia <at@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 11:17:35 +0000 (UTC)
Hi

Yes I know putting ALL : ALL in my hosts.allow file is very risky, this was
done in desparation. Once I've got it working I will reduce the access.

One thing I did try last night was to put the full host.network name in the
user table of the mysql database rather than just the host worked (hooray)
whereas it didn't before. I can now connect into the database from the local
machine not using localhost as the hostname but rather the full host.network
name. At this stage I have tried to copy this process to our server at school
and it works except remote machines still have problems connecting. I have had
no chance to test remote connections on system at home as it was getting very
late.

As for the Red Hat problem, does anyone know if the version supplied with SuSE
8.1 have similar problems?

Regards
Bill