RE: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Linux equivalents of Windows software
  • From: Chris Puttick <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 09:28:02 +0000 (UTC)
Consider it part of the project spec...

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Evans
To: Chris Puttick
Cc: 'suse-linux-uk-schools@xxxxxxxx '
Sent: 4/9/03 10:10 AM
Subject: Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Linux equivalents of Windows software

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 08:40:19AM +0100, Chris Puttick wrote:
> We think Kudos is going to work easy and have the agreement of
Loughborough
> Uni that they will cooperate with our summer developer. This developer
is

One of the issues with Kudos, as well as Veryan Workview and
SpellStar, is a requirement to have directories/files which
are read/write to everyone. Which is a poor software design
for a multi-user system.

Let alone that a proper multi-user system would not require
the user to create their own user identity, since they
already have one.

I notice that the same people also offer something similar
on their website. Maybe something like this with support
for identd and pam would be a sensible way forward.

--
Mark Evans
St. Peter's CofE High School

< Previous Next >