RE: [suse-linux-uk-schools] gnvq
  • From: Chris Puttick <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:08:14 +0000 (UTC)
Call me silly, but howabout he gets together with a few other schools (and
Ian!) to create an Star/OOo equivalent. If he adds up the costs of MS
Windows, Office and Publisher plus the outrageous charge by Thomas Telford
(that created by public money should remain public!), he would easily be
justified in retaining a student for a year under best value.

The MS solution to these courses is highly socially exclusive, and therefore
the exact opposite of what schools should be using.

Chris