Public Display System using web
  • From: Jim Bews <j.r.bews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 21:55:07 +0000 (UTC)
We are currently implementing a public display system where web pages from our Suse/Apache server are created as an auto-refreshing circular list. Output is fed from a PC to a series of TV monitors as with many public display systems.

As much of this information will be time limited, such as details of lectures, it would be useful to have this based on a database.

Any suggestions for this project would be appreciated.

Jim Bews

Jim Bews, Computing Officer, School of Chemistry, Purdie Building,
University of St. Andrews, St. Andrews, Fife, KY16 9ST
Tel: 01334-463830 Email: j.r.bews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fax: 01334-463808 WWW: http://chemistry.st-andrews.ac.uk/staff/jrb/