Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] SIMS / PHP
  • From: Mark Evans <mpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 11:16:20 +0000 (UTC)
On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 10:59:24AM +0000, peterbarber wrote:
> Don't know if it is of help but the common transfer (and the plasc forms)
> generate XML output which you may be able to use to transfer information into,
> and out of, SIMS.

Not really, since the problem is more political than
technical. LEA deciding (without consultation) that
all schools must use some web based transfer system,
which requires Virus Explorer (Indeed one I had
previously rejected for exam EDI because of user
interface complexity.)

Nor is XML some "magic bullet" for information
transfer. You need to know the tag definitions
first :)

--
Mark Evans
St. Peter's CofE High School