Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] RE NHS Meeting - Bill and Tony
On Tuesday 17 September 2002 22:24, Richard Ibbotson wrote:
> Ian
>
> > > Had a letter from the European Commission this morning concerning
> > > the message that you can see below.
> >
> > I have just received the same letter.
>
> Ah.. that's one of the things I was wondering about ? I was thinking
> something like ... have the EU civil servants now joined in with our
> own in order to effectively round robin all of us so that we can't
> make a complaint or comment of any sort.

I just think they probably had many similar complaints. My letter has the
date and 5295 stamped on it. Could I be the 5295th letter?

If they get a lot of correspondence on these issues, it will get back to the
politicians so its worth making the effort. At least they will be very
careful about such dealings in future. There is already talk of promoting
Open Source in some government circles so the more these things come to light
and show significant protest the more likely action will be taken. Like
voting, an indivdual doesn't seem to have much clout but its still worth
doing it!

Regards,

--
IanL