Squid and broadband
  • From: Dave Williams <David@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 14:49:51 +0000 (UTC)
Hi everyone

We have been using a dialup connection and squid successfully as a proxy
for the past few months. However, we have just been connected to broadband
(18 months later than promised) and I now need to change the squid.conf
file to connect to the new service.

Broadband is provided through embc (East Midlands Broadband Consortium)
and we have a router on site, 10.0.12.1, which machines can use as a
gateway to access the embc proxy. We have ip numbers for the embc dns and
proxy but I cannot get machines on our network to connect through the
squid box.

When an individual client connects directly through the gateway to the
embc proxy there are no login screens and internet access (filtered) is
immediately available. I assume there must be some way of enabling the
squid box to do the same and then proxy the internet to the rest of the
machines on the network.

Can anyone help?

Dave Williams

< Previous Next >