Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] German government deal
  • From: Damian Sweeney <damianfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 06:20:21 +0000 (UTC)
paul wrote:

Slightly off topic,

Following this deal / announcement, what is needed is perhaps a tie up between suse / ibm and perhaps the bunderslegue, to promote Linux, the publicty would be huge all those german players say bayern munich with Linux / Suse / IBM on their shirts, and / or perhaps advertising during championslegue games, IBM have the financial resources for this esp if they say they are using Suse like the intel inside advert, so when they say suse, up pops tux sitting on your cameleon thing.

http://www.silicon.com/ebcs53774

Paul

Perhaps back on topic :-),

Our netadmin team is putting together a proposal to switch to a few Linux clients for an initial trial period with a view to fully adopting it. Does anyone have some stats on how many uk schools are using Linux on the desktop? Could people who are share their stories. It'd be nice to add to our proposal "these schools are doing it already and their experience has been ...". We too would like become less Microsoft dependent.

TIA,

Damian.