Re: [suse-schools-usa] Whoa
  • From: Lance Lane <ldlane@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:30:18 +0000 (UTC)

I am a teacher on the Navajo Reservation in Arizona. We have the same story
in that most of our teachers are scared of computers and can't work them
accept to use MS Word and Outlook. I think that Linux would be ideal to use
in the classroom. What many teachers are looking for are programs that can
help them:

1. Grade - Standards Based
2. Lesson Planning.
3. Communicating with Parents.
4. Making our life easier.

Students need programs:
1. Programming environments.
2. Subject area programs for thinking skills.
3. Programs that cover standards for different subjects.