Re: [suse-schools-usa] Whoa
  • From: Bo Lynch <blynch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 13:24:40 +0000 (UTC)

Hello my name is Bo Lynch. I just joined the suse schools e-mail list. I
am a Computer Engineer at a public school system in Amelia, Va. We are a very
small rural county, only having 3 schools. Within the schools we have
approxamatly 500-600 PCs. I am a newbie to the linux community only being
exposed to it for about a year now. But, within that time a have learned fairly
quickly and have managed to convert almost all of our NT servers over to Suse
7.1-7.3. We also have an e-mail package that runs Suse e-mail II. We here feel
that linux is growing and becoming more popular. If you think about it most
schools are raising Microsoft users because that is all that is present for the
students to have. We would like to expose our students to both the microsoft
and the linux operating systems. Do you know of any good educational programs
that run on linux. Do you know of any good educational programs that run on
linux?? If you do please let me know. Also if you have any ideas or comments I
would love to hear them. Thanks

Bo Lynch
----- End forwarded message -----

Bo Lynch