Re: [suse-schools-usa] We need a list charter [ was: Re: Whoa ]
  • From: Keith <joyfull@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 13:27:38 +0000 (UTC)
AGREED.......I can learn from ANYONE, even people i'm philosophically opposed to....Keith

Alex wrote:

What's wrong with just a schools-e list? it would be nice to see some
cross-culture going on...

My 2 cents.

Alex Heizer

Christopher Mahmood wrote:

* Lance Lane (ldlane@xxxxxxxxxxx) [020412 11:09]:

However, I think we should take a vote on a very important issue as an
educator:

Educators like to exchange ideas. So shouldn't we make this a LANGUAGE
specific list instead of Country specific.

Yes, that's how the rest of our lists are with the exception of the
schools-uk list. They wanted something specific to the UK. The USA
part wasn't my idea and I think can be safely ignored (but again,
that's for you to decide).

EX: suse-schools-english@xxxxxxxx

Other intrested people that speak different languages can follow suit.

EX: suse-schools-spanish@xxxxxxxx

Because:

1. We can certainly exchange information and ideas with teachers from GB,
Australia and other English speaking countries.

2. We need to format the group to fit the exchange of ideas as educators.

Let's see how this goes and we can always make new language-specific
lists in the future. If people really don't like the '-usa' part we
can change it to '-e'.

--

-ckm