RE: [suse-linux-uk-schools] RM proxy server query
  • From: s-clarob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 12:36:13 +0000 (UTC)
You need an ident server running on the windows machine.

Check out ident servers at www.squid-cahce.org

Rob

At 09:50 22/04/02 +0100, you wrote:
We've got an RM Proxy too, but that isn't my question. Has anyone had any
experience, or know of any way of getting Squid to log usernames? We're
using Windows 95/98 (*spultter*) clients with the Squid proxy and, at the
moment, its going through an NT proxy first, just so we can see exactly
*who* was accessing which site.

Any ideas? - I was tempted to do a lookup with the IP address and time/date,
but it wouldn't really be very successful.

Thanks in advance!

Dug Stokes
ICT Technician
Gilberd School