Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] StarOffice
On Sunday 24 February 2002 09:56, you wrote:
> > Learning Pathways are the distributors/resellers/support for Sun in the
> > schools market and state that this cost will help them develop training
> > and support for schools.
> >
> > if you want to contact them, http://www.learnpath.com
> >
> > interested in your reaction
>
> I did complete their web form a fortnight ago and have as yet had no
> reply. I hope this is not indicative of the support scenario.

As far as I am aware Learning Pathways do not have a monopoly on the
distribution of Star Office. Talking to Sun in the USA they knew nothing
about them and were rather surprised by the £100 per school charge which I
guess is for the support. I am currently trying to contact the relevant part
of Sun UK to clarify the position because IRL Computer Systems Ltd are a Sun
Star Office Now partner. I intend to distribute Star Office 6 with a full SOW
including assessment and lesson plans for KS3 a la new NC so that there
really is an education reason to switch to Star Office. We will then
gradually build more applications around Star Office with a view to filling
the CD with useful materials.

Regards,

--
IanL