RE: [suse-linux-uk-schools] CCM Facility
>From: Nial <mailinglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> With this type of product it really depends whether the vendor is using the
> DBMS as a mere data storage facility with all the manipulation carried out
> by the client application, or if they are building a robust database.
> Broadly speaking, it should be impossible for a client application to
> affect the integrity of the data in a database.

In the case of CMIS, there are NO constraints enforced at the
server end. When clients connect, they seem to loop through the
tables in someway confirming that they dont contain anything
illegal. This is another example of what I regard as bizarre design.

There are no stored procedures, because I assume the product is
supposed to work with Access back ends also.

Richard
richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.openi.org