Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] CCM Facility
  • From: Alan Harris <alanh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 14:55:26 +0000 (UTC)
Sims are going to be M$ specific, originally thier data sheets and specs
suggested they would be using MySQL, however, I think they were leaned
on(?)

Alan

"Grainge, Derek" wrote:

> > Or possibly even copy a bodge from something else and
> > move to expontial bodging.
>
> If you want to know about Bodging, look at Capita's Mentor and SIMS
> appications. They are the creme de la creme of bodgers. However they are
> rewriting their software (which was largely Foxbase, but many separate apps
> with some very nasty glue) in SQL... but I think they too will end up being
> MS-specific.

Alan Harris
Network Manager
Bryngwyn School

Tel : 01554 750661
Fax : 01554 758255
E-mail: alanh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Notes:

1. The contents of this email may be snooped on by
interested government parties for unknown purposes!
Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act, 2000.

2. The opinions expressed in this email are personal
and may not be shared by Bryngwyn School.