RE: [suse-linux-uk-schools] migrating from nt4 to linux
  • From: "Matt Hinds" <M.Hinds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 11:06:59 +0000 (UTC)
>> use (a config.pol file in netlogon) and provide tight file security
>I think the config.pol is more of a client issue, isn't it? If you
>the pol file to the workstation, and get the netlogon.bat script to run
>poledit (or appropriate), it should work. Disclaimer: I haven't
>tried, so I'm
>not 100% sure.

You should just be able to create a Netlogon share (where you stick your
login script) and place the config.pol in that location. The client machines
will be able to pick it up from there!

Legal Disclaimer:

This e-mail is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the sender by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. The opinions expressed in this message are those of the sender and not those of Heworth Grange Comprehensive School.

< Previous Next >