RE: [suse-linux-uk-schools] migrating from nt4 to linux
  • From: "Matt Hinds" <M.Hinds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 11:06:59 +0000 (UTC)
>> use (a config.pol file in netlogon) and provide tight file security
>
>I think the config.pol is more of a client issue, isn't it? If you
>transfer
>the pol file to the workstation, and get the netlogon.bat script to run
>poledit (or appropriate), it should work. Disclaimer: I haven't
>tried, so I'm
>not 100% sure.

You should just be able to create a Netlogon share (where you stick your
login script) and place the config.pol in that location. The client machines
will be able to pick it up from there!

Cheers,
Matt

Legal Disclaimer:

This e-mail is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the sender by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. The opinions expressed in this message are those of the sender and not those of Heworth Grange Comprehensive School.