Intranet
  • From: Dave Williams <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 20:04:28 +0000 (UTC)
Hello all

I'm trying to set up an Intranet. I've got Apache running on a server and
it delivers html pages to the clients with no apparent problems. However,
the long term aim was to use it to deliver Internet content which might
otherwise be unavailable/slow.

1) Is it legitimate to "cache" pages from websites locally on an Intranet
server?

2) Can anyone recommend software which will capture said pages.

3) Will the software enable all content to be captured ie including
interactive quiz type pages. I already use the excellent WebGet (Risc OS)
by Joseph Heenan but that does not seem to capture all types of content.

Thanks

Dave Williams