Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Thinking ahead.....
  • From: "Mark Evans" <mpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 16:14:48 +0000 (UTC)
> On Wed 14 Mar, Malcolm Herbert wrote:
> > hi all
>
> > my current thinking regards developing Linux / open source in education is i
> > suppose reflecting my move to Red Hat, and considering how any future work in
> > the area can be seen to be sustainable, and primarily eat in the existing M$
> > schools and LEAs. (ie the other 97% of schools)
> >

> In my opinion no single organisation has done more damage to _education_ in ICT
> than Microsoft.

Though the attitudes of supposedly impartial bodies, such as BECtA and LEA
advisors certainly dosn't appear to have helped.

> Would there be anything to be gained in becoming an umbrella for all anti-M$
> interests, ie including those who are primarily Apple and RiscOS sites?
> (especially those with Linux servers).

Except that you need to phrase things in a way which are not seen
as "Microsoft Bashing". Which certain people are very sensitive to.

More express how XYZ platform can do a good job of being helpful to
the process of education.

--
Mark Evans
St. Peter's CofE High School