Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] BETT comments
  • From: "Mark Evans" <mpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 09:44:04 +0000 (UTC)

> i'd be interested in the process of developing SIMS, Capita's have
> considered going web-based but are concerned about the user-interface from a
> browser given the amount of upload required, they even said that it's gone

I'm not sure this makes sense. Since the obvious way to do this is
via CGI forms (to an SSL enabled version of Apache, if they have
half a brain. But they'd probably think IIS is up to the job.)

> downhill since DOS !

Many of our staff would agree with the latter. Whilst the
Windows based modules may look nicer they appear to take
considerably longer to do anything with.

Notably such things as adding new intake and arranging
exam cover.

--
Mark Evans
St. Peter's CofE High School