Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] OSE Conference
Roger Whittaker did ponder briefly and then scribed, On Mon, 10 Jul 2000:
> Very few people are subscribed to this list apart from people in schools
> who are running Linux. There are a few and they are mostly LUG people
> who've offered to listen in and answer the odd question.
>
> I think the real question is how people can preach to the unconverted
> through other channels which are available to them (eg their contacts with
> LEA advisors, their membership of RM and other mailing lists, their
> contacts with colleagues in other institutions etc)

Well, there are a few of us posting to uk.education.schools-it, Philip
and James being the two most often posters besides myself.

We may be making a bit of progress, I've been slapped down by educational users
of M$ Office 2K for saying I didn't like it. Suppose M$ must be like toothache,
so long as you don't realise its there, it doesn't hurt. :-)

I've managed to get 2 other teachers to try. 1 is just about over the worst
hump now, he's got his modem and display sorted out. He's using Mandrake 7.0.
I'm working on converting him to SuSE ;-) And the other's gone strangely
silent - guess he hasn't managed to get his modem working yet. Still, we'll
get there. eventually.

We just have to keep plugging away.

--
paul hornshaw