Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Masquerading
Dave Williams wrote, On Sat, 15 Jul 2000
> I need to extend my school's network beyond the 254 IP numbers I'm using -
> based on 172.19.50.x
> This network includes a router which links through an ISDN line to an LEA
> proxy server.
> Is the best way to achieve this to split the network into 2 segment and
> use a Linux machine and Masquerading to link them together.
> ie.- leave the bulk of the machines on 172.19.50.x
> use 192.168.0.x for the others
> use two NICs in the Linux machine, 1 for each subnet
> Install masquerading
> Will this allow the machines on 192.168.0.x to access *all* the services
> on the main network?
> Dave Williams

Um, couldn't you cheat a bit and drop down a couple of digits for the mask?

ie becomes

I've seen it done once before, a while a go mind.

Please feel free to tell me off.

I've tried to give them up. But I'm back on the sigs again.

< Previous Next >