Samba - users folders
  • From: "adrian.wells" <adrian.wells@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 08:33:09 +0000 (UTC)
HI,
I spent easter playing with samba - my boy is now networked! How do I
specify the path for the users directory? as I wish to put this on a volume
with more space.

The O'rielly samba book makes everything appear to be very simple and is
well written, but it took me several attempts to get things working - still
not quite there! The client is unable to log onto a NT domain despite
advertising as NT, although things like the Time Server worked without
problems (I accessed this manually as I could not see my SuSE box at the
time)

Is it possible to log into a Samba session from the host LINUX machine?

Roger I thought that I would report this from
http://www.suse.de/uk/schools/linux_for_teachers.html

Snip
...packages. These include ApplixwareTM package, both of which are
sophisticated office suites comparable to Microsoft Office (and capable of
reading and writing most common document formats). The..

It says BOTH but only mentions Appixware.

There are also some spelling mistakes e.g. >>pachage<<

Adrian.

Kind Regards
Adrian Wells
Systems Manager
Sidcot School
Oakridge Lane, Winscombe, Somerset BS25 1PD.

Please reply to
adrian.wells@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx for general enquiries

  • No further messages