Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Introducing.....
  • From: Roger Whittaker <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 11:54:19 +0000 (UTC)
On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Shawn Blakey wrote:

> Just a quick question, we have the Linux machine and the NT machine capable
> of pinging each other no problem, but how do we go about getting them to
> recognise each other and allow file accesses??
> Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Samba is what does this. It's in the box. If samba is running, windows
machines can see files and directories on the Linux machine. There is a
web-based configuration tool for samba called swat.

Install samba and read the docs. More information is at

http://www.samba.org

--
Roger Whittaker
SuSE Linux Ltd