[opensuse-doc] Re: questions for susedoc (Japanese fonts in susedoc)
  • From: Yasuhiko Kamata <belphegor@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 09:33:19 +0900
Hello,

But some sorts of tagged texts in PDF were displayed with blank.
These are "guimenu", "replaceable", and "xref" (referenced text).

Do you use FOP or XEP for creating the PDF? I guess, it's FOP, right?

Yes, I'm now using FOP. XEP is not installed.

In addition, some characters of these texts can be displayed
normally if the character is ASCII (alphabets, numbers, etc.).

Does the fonts contain the characters? You can open the font in
FontForge (same package name, lower case).

Yes, they can be opened by fontforge.

(for IPAPMincho)
$ fontforge /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ipamp.otf
(for IPAPGothic)
$ fontforge /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ipagp.otf
(for IPAGothic)
$ fontforge /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ipag.otf

Basic Latin (like U+0041), Hiragana/Katakana (Japanese fundamental
characters; like U+3042, U+30A2), CJK Unified Ideographs (also called
"Kanji"; like U+4E00) were displayed as expected.

So I think this problem was caused by some font setting.
However, no font settings seems to be exist in susedoc except above.

There are font setting for XEP and FOP, but the latter is not tested
enough.

Ok, I'll try with XEP later.

Thanks,

--