Re: [opensuse-doc] How about including some books with openSUSE ?
  • From: "Alexey Eremenko" <al4321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 10:59:31 +0200
On 1/26/07, Thomas Schraitle <thomas.schraitle@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Alexey,

On Donnerstag, 25. Januar 2007, Alexey Eremenko wrote:
> > toms, this package is maintained by Rudi. You should probably
> > talk to him and ask him whether he is willing to include the
> > books you have just packaged.
>
> I know that some books have been packages, but I would like to
> extend this list with some more books (preferably in HTML format).
>
> Can someone talk to "Rudi", or drop here his email, so I could
> contact him?

I've contacted him. However, the books package, maintained by Rudi is
more Linux related (Frank posted the contents.) If you would like to
see other documentation I prefer it to be in different packages. This
has the advantage that you don't have to install bulky documentation
that you are not interested in. :)

> Adding "Grokking The GIMP" might be good addition as well.

That is an option. I can add more documentation to the openSUSE build
server in the future, however it has a less priority on my list at
the moment.

OK, very nice.
I think it is OK to separate each book into a different RPM package.
But I have a problem with the "SUSE Build Server" -- those packages
doesn't go on the DVD, therefore it requires an Internet connection. I
have computers not connected the net.
I need a documentation that's available offline, on the DVD.

You might tell me that DVD is limited to 4.5GB so you can't include
everything - so I would respond "Look at the future: Blue-Rays are on
horizon with 25GB+ capacity."

This is why I push the LfL project forward BTW.

-Alexey Eremenko