Re: [opensuse-doc] Recommended Resources
  • From: Keith Goggin <kgoggin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 04:10:53 +1100
On Friday 29 December 2006 00:19, Rebecca Walter wrote:

> I'm starting a list in LfL now of online resources that can be useful for
> LfL contributers. Does anyone have recommendations?
>
> The list isn't much so far and I haven't rated or edited them other than
> m-w.
>
> Please send me your ideas or add them to:
>
> http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/Lfl/Resources

" Merriam Webster Online Dictionary: The closest to an authoritative online
resource "

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_English> makes it clear (to me at
least) that there is no universally accepted form of International English.

Perhaps <http://onelook.com/> where the reader is given a choice of
dictionaries would be more acceptable.

Communicating effectively in English is difficult enough (for those of us who
speak English as our native language) without Webster.

"Lessons for Lizards" is about communicating... yes? :-)