Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-contrib (54 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-contrib] Moving new packages to Factory instead of Contrib?
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 12:41:10 +0200
Le lundi 27 septembre 2010, à 10:23 +0200, Peter Linnell a écrit :
On 9/27/10 8:15 AM, Vincent Untz wrote:
Hi,

Is there any reason we still accept new packages in Contrib, instead of
pushing the submitters to submit them to the right devel projects, and
then to Factory?

Vincent

In the absence of any clear decision or policy that I am aware of, I
have been reviewing and accepting packages if they are OK from legal
and quality standards.

Nod; it's better to not block forever :-)

I agree we should start pushing these to the correct devel projects,
but we then should announce the policy and also update the various
wiki pages, as well as an announcement on news.o.o

One of the things is to clearly step by step document the workflow
and QA criteria.

My understanding is that the criteria for Contrib were supposed to be
the same as the ones for Factory.

As for the worklfow:
http://lizards.opensuse.org/2010/03/23/how-to-add-new-packages-to-the-opensuse-distribution/

Vincent