Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-contrib (38 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-contrib] [obs submit-request 45590] openSUSE:Factory:Contrib/crawl: created by saschpe
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 10:11:25 +0200
On 08/26/2010 at 9:58 AM, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Mittwoch 25 August 2010 schrieb Sascha Peilicke:
On Sunday 15 August 2010 12:35:00 Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 09:59:48AM +0000, sasch.pe@xxxxxx wrote:
games/crawl -> openSUSE:Factory:Contrib/crawl

Any specific reason you don't want to maintain in Factory itself?

The Factory request was declined, coolo said games are dropped from Factory
and should stay in the Games repo instead. So shall I leave it there? So
far I haven't been able to find any docs regarding this decision.
I haven't said they should stay there - I only meant to say that it's against

the trend for factory games. The real reason to decline it was that you
didn't
follow the rules for new factory packages:

http://en.opensuse.org/Factory/Packaging#Adding_a_package_to_Factory

From my view, I think collecting the games solely in the games repo and not
having them cluttered in Factory / Contrib / <other repos> makes sense
(of course with exceptions, well established ones should stay).

The big advantage of the games repo over Contrib and Factory is that it does
not have a version freeze after releases. Whereas games in Factory /
Contrib are 'stuck' to their versions during the life time of the product, we
are not bound to this in the games repo. We can offer the newest version
to any user at any time.

And adding the games repo is simple enough, using Community Repos. It's been
listed there for a long time. And Pavol's 'Game Store' might possibly
boost that a bit more :)

Dominique