Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-contrib (78 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-contrib] python-ReportLab
  • From: Petr Uzel <petr.uzel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 19:28:57 +0200
Hello,

alien jgoodies-forms pidgin-bot-sentry
aumix jgoodies-looks pngtoico
autotrace jpeg2ps proguard
bacula jreleaseinfo python-ReportLab
cdp kamix qamix
cgdb l2fprod-common qcad
chemtool LabPlot sane-frontends
chromium latex2html scarse
cmatrix lavaps srtp
d4x lesspipe TeXmacs
diald lha tgif
dictd libnut upx
dog lilypond urlview
drgeo lsb-appchk-webui vlna
dvi2tty lsb-buildenv vrfy
ec-fonts-mftraced lsb-misctest w3c-markup-validator
epos nachocalendar workrave
exifprobe noteedit xabacus
fbi octave xboard
frontline openproj xdaliclock
gbdfed perl-HTML-Encoding xlhtml
gdome2 perl-HTML-Tidy xlogmaster
glpk perl-Set-IntSpan xmbase-grok
hdf5 perl-SGML-Parser-OpenSP xtem
hypermail pgp4pine yaps
jcalendar photocd

[This is just a list of packages that are both in in
openSUSE:Factory:Contrib and in openSUSE:11.1 - some of the packages
might be disabled/not published in Contrib - I did not check]

Problem with that is that the package is on 11.1 as well and therefore
it can cause an update of the original package. I think this shouldn't
be the case. I also know that contrib is only built for testing reasons
for 11.1 at all but still up to now it was the only possibility to use
contrib at all so I would propose to just unpublish and disable the
build for 11.1 for that package.

I agree. If nobody else from the project maintainers volunteers to take
care of it, I will do that next week.

I've just went through the list of packages mentioned above and
disabled building of them for 11.1.

I've also noticed there are some packages that are both in Factory and
Contrib:

autotrace
diald
gdome2
json-glib
latex2html
libunique
mairix
python-distutils-extra
python-feedparser
python-simplejson

So I've also disabled building of these for Factory. Their maintainers
should decide what to do with them - such packages should be either
dropped from Contrib or from Factory
(http://en.opensuse.org/Contrib#Rules_for_the_repository)

Last thing I'd like to point out is that I came across several packages that
- do not have assigned bugowner
- define non existent devel project
- have invalid URL in the metadata ('PUT URL HERE' or so)

I've fixed some of the problems, but I'm sure that many still remain.
So please try to take a look at your packages
[ osc meta pkg [-e] openSUSE:Factory:Contrib package ]
and fix any inconsistencies.

Ahh, the very last :) thing:
thanks to Adrian Schroeter the openSUSE:11.2:Contrib project is ready
(still empty, of course).

Thanks,

--
Best regards / s pozdravem