Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-contrib (43 mails)

< Previous Next >
[opensuse-contrib] Re: [opensuse-packaging] Packages with same name by conventions
  • From: aledr <matrixworkstation@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 10:45:06 -0300
You are absolutely right. The needed one is python-daemon from here[2].

Thanks for everyone.

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 10:21 AM, Scott Bahling <sbahling@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2009-09-24 at 09:28 -0300, aledr wrote:
On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 9:23 AM, Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 09:22:17AM -0300, aledr wrote:
On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 9:12 AM, Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 09:10:36AM -0300, aledr wrote:
Good day!

Some days ago a packed python-daemon from here[1].
But I was surprised today when received an update notice pointing to
this[2] URL.
Now the question is: What package names should I assume for both?

[1]: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/daemon
[2]: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-daemon

My script is a bit dumb and always prepends python- to the name.

So use whatever is the right one for your RPM.

But if we need to provide both in OBS?

Then my script currently catches just one of them,
Something I need to think about a bit.

But the mails I send are advisory only, you are free to do whatever you
want.

The question is about naming these packages in OBS. Don't worry about
your script, It is very useful! =D
Which package names should be used?

I don't know the answer for this when there are two python libs with the
same name, but in this specific case, I think an easy answer is found in
the note on the home page of [1]:

"NOTE: This module has become part of The Grizzled Utility API. (See the
grizzled.os module.) This stand-alone version is no longer maintained."

so the daemon module you need could be built as part of a
"python-grizzled" package.

-Scott

--
[ ]'s