Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-contrib (71 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-contrib] [obs submit-request 10754] openSUSE:Factory:Contrib/gtranslator: accepted by mvyskocil
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 14:42:14 +0200
Le lundi 25 mai 2009, à 14:35 +0200, Vincent Untz a écrit :
Actually, for GNOME:Contrib packages, we want the GNOME team to be
maintainer, not individuals. So while I'm the maintainer according to
the metadata, it's not true.

However, I don't think the right thing to do is to add all members of
the GNOME team as maintainers of those package: the workflow is to
submit changes to GNOME:Contrib, and the experienced members of the team
are reviewing those changes, and then pushing the update to
oS:F:Contrib.

(fwiw, this is the same model as the one we use for GNOME:Factory and
oS:F)

Oh, btw: feedback on this workflow is welcome. It's working great for
G:F, which is why it's what we want to do for G:Contrib. Our packages
are of good quality and it doesn't add a lot of delay either (except in
rare cases, like gobby in G:F which is because we don't know how to
handle the update).

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.