Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-contrib (283 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-contrib] Repository Permission Handling
  • From: "Alexey Eremenko" <al4321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 00:30:59 +0200
On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 12:14 AM, Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

i would like to propose the following permission practices for the
repository:

Factory:Contrib
* Repository is owned by reviewers
* Submission of new packages happens trough osc submitreq and goes
trough an initial review.
* Repo bugowner is opensuse-contrib@xxxxxxxxxxxx
* Packages are owned by maintainers
* Development on packages just happens, no additional review.
* Package bugowner is the maintainer

<version>:Contrib
* Repository is owned by reviewers
* No new packages
* Repo bugowner is opensuse-contrib@xxxxxxxxxxxx
* Packages are owned by reviewers
* Everything is handled by osc submitreq and goes trough an review
* Package bugowner is the maintainer

Can we agree on that?

Yes.
In principle it is not much different from what we have already.

Which is summarized here:
http://en.opensuse.org/Contrib/Adding_new_packages

Except one thing: As far as we are small - let's reduce bureaucracy
and all different ways of submitting package-review requests - email
list and osc, and perhaps later - bugzilla.

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"