[opensuse-conference] Re: [devel] Volunteers needed for the conference
Am Montag, 1. August 2011 schrieb Henne Vogelsang:
Venue Setup
The Zentrifuge is not an event location in the classical sense so we
have to do a lot of setup tasks the days before the conference starts.
For instance we need to make sure that the seminar rooms have enough
chairs, multisockets and a working projector. We also need to setup the
lounge with sofas, equip the Beergarden with tables, distribute waste
bins and so on and so on. Most of this we will need to do on
Friday/Saturday before the conference and it’s a lot of physical labor.
If you can help with this please lets us know on the volunteers page[1]
or drop us a mail at opensuse-conference@xxxxxxxxxxxx.

I can help with that.

Session Chair
We have two floors in the Zentrifuge and both have a main room and some
smaller rooms for workshops and birds of a feather sessions. For both
floors we need two people per day to be a chair for the sessions that
will take place. Being a chair means that you introduce the next
presenter, make sure the sessions stick to the schedule and answer all
questions speakers might have. This task takes a bit of experience as
speaker/moderator to make the introductions, a wristwatch and, ideally,
some technical knowledge with projectors/laptops. If you can help with
this please lets us know on the volunteers page[1] or drop us a mail at
opensuse-conference@xxxxxxxxxxxx.

I can help with that.

Greetings, Stephan