Re: [opensuse-buildservice] /srv/obs/events/lastnotifications
Am 24.02.20 um 13:17 schrieb Michael Schroeder:
On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 01:04:04PM +0100, Carsten Höger wrote:
I recently noticed that this file is quite huge in our installation:

2.8G /srv/obs/events/lastnotifications

Can this file be removed?

Nope.

It looks like a logfile to me with new entries added at the end.
Is some component of OBS reading the content of that file?

It's a queue of notifications. The API is supposed to read it, read
events are deleted and thus the file shrinks.>
A lastnotifications file that big is an indication that the
delayed job for notification processing is not running in the API.

It is also possible that there is an "invalid" entry in the lastevents file
(UTF-8 anyone?)
and the backend chokes on that line every time.

I had this some (12-36?) months ago, not sure if I reported it here.
Cleaning up this one line then made the lastevents processor continue.

You should find cryptic messages in the logs when this happens.
--
Stefan Seyfried